A tablescape doesn’t have to be extremely elaborate to be enjoyable. Using simple things like fall colored vases, candles, with seasonal ceramics and crockery can create a wonderfully inviting table for the big meal. Here are some ideas to get you brainstorming.
When gathering items, think “FALL” colors: creams, mustards, oranges, cranberry reds, chocolate browns, etc.
You might already have everything you need! These common household items can make charming tablescapes:
- Candles and votives (Don’t light them though, it gets too hot, and becomes a fire hazard when guests are jumbling dinner plates. Opt for LED pillars if you’d like the flickering ambiance.)
- Small frosted vases
- Decorative teacups and kettles
- Creamers, saucers, salt and pepper shakers
- Cake plates
- Wooden bowls, spoons, plates
- Mix and match place settings
- Create a grateful jar, where guests can write down things they are grateful for this year, and place them into a cookie-type jar at the center of the table; read the submissions together over dinner or dessert.
- Add texture to your design with (*washed and air dried*) sprigs of pine, twigs, leaves, or pine cones you find in the yard.
- Arrange a variety of small photo frames with pictures of:
- Joyous shared occasions, milestones, and celebrations
- People, pets, and things you (the host) are grateful for
- Invite guests to bring small photos of people/pets/things they are grateful for, share stories about the photos
- Old black and white photos
- Photos of older friends and family when they were very young, ask them about the photos
- Pretty photos of fall nature
- Hand lettered name cards
- Fancy folded napkins – we used this video on YouTube.
- Make focal arrangements with faux pumpkins, or miniature real pumpkins and squash
However, if you’re looking to *up* your fall table decor game, check out these finds from Amazon!
Pumpkin Soup Bowls:
Autumn colored/themed Dinnerware:
Harvest Colored Drinkware:
Reusable Name Plates:
Pumpkin Salt and Pepper Shakers:
Remote Controlled LED Fall Candles:
Fall Decoration Stems:
Autumnal Table Runners:
Best Browsing for Fall Finds:
Some of our favorite places to browse for fall decor is right here around town!
Big box retailers: Tuesday Mornings, Homegoods, TJ Maxx, Michael’s, Ross, and Hobby Lobby never disappoint with their seasonal offerings.
Try antiquing: Renniger’s, the various shops in downtown Mount Dora, and the Antique District near downtown Orlando have a good selection of antiques in fall colors and holiday themes too.
Pop-Up Markets and Craft Festivals: Winter Garden, Sanford, Mount Dora, the Milk District in downtown Orlando, and the Audubon Park area near Leu Gardens usually have fall and holiday themed festivals with many vendors offering holiday decor.