This queso is a fall must have in our house!
- 16 oz. Box of Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes.
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies, at your desired spiciness.
Optional – MAKE IT HEARTY:
- 1 can of Cannellini Beans
- 1 package of Jimmy Dean (or similar) sausage, at your desired spiciness. (The raw stuff in the plastic tube bag.) BROWNED BEFORE ADDING TO CROCK POT.
- Place slow cooker liner in pot if desired.
- Cube Velveeta into approx. 1″ cubes and add to slow cooker with 1 can of Rotel.
- If making the Hearty Version: Lightly brown sausage in a pan on the stove until it is no longer pink, drain and add to slow cooker. Drain and lightly rinse cannellini beans and add to slow cooker too.
- Slow cook on high for about an hour or two, stirring every 30 minutes or so to incorporate the ingredients. Once it reaches desired consistency, reduce to the “low” or “warm” setting.
- After a taste test, if desired, use small amounts of Salt, Pepper, and/or Garlic Powder (powder not salt) and spice to taste.
- Serve with Corn Chips, Tortilla Chips, Vegetable Sticks, Pretzels, Tater Tots, Pigs in a Blanket, as a topping for Chili… this queso is a versatile crowd pleaser!