This soup is veggie packed and very similar to our favorite olive themed chain restaurant. We skip the ditalini style pasta to make it even healthier, but if you’d like to add it, add to the pot towards the end or cook it separately and add to prepared bowls. Enjoy!
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic – DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 can Italian style green beans – DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 can (reduced sodium) light red kidney beans – quickly drained and rinsed
- 1 can Cannellini beans – quickly drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 zucchini, sliced in half long ways and then chopped into half moons.
- 1/2 bag fresh spinach (can add more if you’d like.)
- 1 to 2 shredded carrots
- 3 to 4 cups of water (start with 3, add one more if you want a lighter broth.)
- Place all ingredients except spinach into large stock pot and stir with wooden spoon to combine. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots and zucchini are soft. (About 30 minutes.) Add fresh spinach, and cook until spinach is wilted. (2 to 3 minutes.) If adding pasta, add it with the spinach and cook per package instructions until al dente.
- Season with pepper, and/or Italian seasonings to taste. Enjoy!