This original Betty Crocker recipe is a go-to for our Valentine’s Day treat bags!
- 4.5 cups Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup vanilla chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pink/red/white candy-coated chocolate candies
- 2 tablespoons pink/red sprinkles
- Place cereal in large mixing bowl, set aside.
- In microwavable bowl, place vanilla chips, peanut butter, and regular butter. Set microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stop the microwave every 30 seconds to stir the mixture until just melted. (May not take the whole 1:30 depending on your microwave.)
- Pour melted mixture over cereal and gently mix until coated.
- In a gallon zipper food storage bag, place 1/2 of the cereal mix. Add powdered sugar, close and shake bag until cereal is fully coated. Empty mix onto wax paper or aluminum foil and spread it out to cool, about 15 minutes.
- With the remaining cereal mix in the bowl, gently stir in candies and sprinkles. Spread out on aluminum foil or wax paper to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, gently combine both cereal mixes.
- Place about 1 cup of mix into plain sandwich twist tie bags or decorative food-grade cellophane bags.
Make it a Valentine! Use pink, red, and white curling ribbon to cinch the tops of bags closed. Add a themed tag if you want to get even fancier!