Here are a few of our favorite places for SHOPPING SMALL and LOCAL in Central Florida this holiday season!
- Kim’s Cabbage Patch – Local produce, plants, and specialty items.
- The Winter Garden Farmer’s Market – Local vendors, food, crafts, and artists. Saturday mornings.
- Sunshine Book Company – An independent book store with goods from creative vendors.
- South Lake Animal League Thrift Shop – Find some gifts and help animals at the same time.
- Gray Bridal Boutique – Not just for weddings. They have a great selection of non-bridal jewelry and clothing.
- McKenley Rae Boutique – Fashion, sunglasses, and jewelry.
- Sugar Mama’s Candy Bar – “A sweet experience” candy store with retro favorites and holiday finds, but check out their handmade candy-inspired beverage counter. Their “coolers” are Instagram-worthy drink creations!
- Ritter’s Frozen Custard – Stop in for burgers, frozen custards, but also whole frozen custard cakes and pies for holiday meals and parties.
- Kasheta Farms, Inc. – Live Christmas trees, a farmer’s market, with a small vendors fair on the weekends.
- Deb’s Garden Shop at the Liner Patch – Plants and pottery.
- Aunt Gingibread’s Bakery – Delicious cakes, pies, and GINGERBREAD!
- Yalaha Bakery – Breads, rolls, soft pretzels, cookies, desserts.
- Yalaha Bootlegging Company – If gifting alcohol is your thing: this is a local Craft Distillery. They also sell AMAZING PIES!
- Maters & Taters Produce – Local produce.
- Trader Mae’s – Local vendors with all kinds of goods, candles, jams, antiques, furniture, and handmade merchandise too.
- Porky’s BBQ – If you’re hosting a holiday party, Porky’s smoked ribs, pork, chicken, or brisket by the pound are a crowd pleaser.
- Sweet Memories Cookie Co. – Our favorite custom cookie maker in Lady Lake!
Just incase you need to REST from all that shopping in Apopka:
- Three Odd Guys Brewing – A nice place to relax and drink a holiday beer.
- Propagate Social House & Canon Coffee – Giftable house plants and coffee creations in a cozy environment.
- Vampire Penguin – Interesting shave ice dishes. It’s like ice cream sundaes and snow cones became one delicious treat!
- Stroll down 5th Avenue or Donnelly. Most shops in downtown Mount Dora are small businesses, and this town KNOWS HOW TO SHOW IT’S HOLIDAY CHEER! Lights and decorations everywhere!
- Maggie’s Attic – A great single-bottle beer and wine selection – often with many seasonal and celebratory flavors. Drink them there or bag bottles to go.
- The Southern Home Bakery – Sugar cookies that are as beautiful as they are absolutely DELICIOUS! Makes great gifts! (Edgewater)
- Petty’s – Gourmet meats, cheeses, and more. (Longwood)
- The Winter Park Farmer’s Market – Local produce, handmade goods, food, plants, and more. Saturday mornings in the park near the train station.
- Light on the Sugar – Light and airy pastry desserts (Winter Park)
- The East End Market – Small business food vendors (desserts, breads, cheeses, cured meats). Also vendors with gift-worthy goods too. (Main level and upstairs.) They also host outdoor pop-up events with local art/craft/handmade/artisan vendors outside too. (Audubon Park)