🌽 CORN is made even more delicious on the GRILL! Here’s how to make it!
- 6+ Ears of Fresh Corn
- Salt (for brining and then to taste)
- Butter (to taste)
- Toppings – try Trader Joe’s seasonings like; “Everything but the Bagel,” “Everything but the Elote,” or “Chili Lime;” use the seasonings on their own or use butter or mayo with cojito cheese to make it like authentic street corn, “Elote.” (optional)
- 6 to 24 hours in advance: shuck and wash corn.
- Place clean corn cobs in a pot or container big enough to submerge the corn in water – I use a XL Rubbermaid drink pitcher with a lid.
- Fill the container with water and salt with a moderate amount of freshly cracked salt. (About 15 turns.)
- Let corn sit in the salty water for several hours, ideally over night.
- Pre-heat grill for 10 minutes then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pat corn dry and place the raw corn on the grill. Grill for 15-20 minutes turning every 7 minutes. (Cook time will vary on grills, corn kernels will be bright yellow, and easily pierceable and juicy when fully cooked. Like the picture above.)
- Don’t let the burn marks fool you – they won’t taste burnt at all. It’s like some kind of CORN MAGIC!
- Butter, add toppings or salt, and enjoy!
👉 Don’t like eating corn on the cob? Turn your grilled corn into dish:
Carefully cut the kernels from the cobs and place in a large serving dish. Mix with a few pads of butter until melted. Add 1 can of Rotel to create a smokey-zippy corn side dish that goes great with barbecue.