It’s like the best chocolate-covered crunchy goodness there ever was! What’s more, it looks cute in jars, tins, or clear baggies for Valentine’s Day! Oh, and it’s easy to make too!
Ingredients: This is an estimate of quantities. The toppings of this bark are applied like ice cream toppings, so it’s really to your preference.
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 box of Nilla Wafers
- 1 bag of Valentine’s colored m&m’s, sprinkles, or other decorations.
- 3/4 cup of dried fruit (ex. cherries, strawberries, cranberries, or a mix)
- 3/4 cup fresh fruit (ex. raspberries, blueberries; fruits that have little-to-no juices that will spill out and soggy your bark)
- 1 cup of mini pretzel, pretzel squares, or broken pretzel pieces
- Start by arranging Nilla Wafers (round side up) on a large, wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate in microwave. You can use all one type of chocolate, or create a half and half pan, or use one type of chocolate for the base and another for a decorative drizzle; there are no rules!
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine 1 bag of chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Microwave on high for about 3 to 5 minutes; stirring the mixture every 20 seconds until fully melted. A heat-safe silicone spatula works best, in our opinion. Melt times will vary, do not over cook.
- Using a heat safe spatula, spread the melted chocolate over the Nilla Wafers. (Then the hard part is over!)
- Spread your toppings over the chocolate quickly while it is warm so that they will stick to it. Be sure to gently press larger pieces down into the chocolate.
- I like to cool the creation (pan and all) in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Break apart the bark with clean hands, or by using a kitchen mallet.
- Place in parchment bags, bakers boxes, or air-tight containers.